People travel for different reasons. Whatever your reason, it is important to put some thought into an upcoming trip before the time. Remember, success loves preparation. Good planning and preparation can contribute hugely to an enjoyable self-drive trip.
In this section we shall cover the following topics:
- Trip planning checklist
- Choosing the right vehicle
- Preparing a motorbike for overland travel
- Preparing a sedan or SUV for overland travel
- Basic preparation of your vehicle for travel into remote areas
- More than basic preparation of your vehicle for travel into remote areas
- Packing your vehicle
- Camping checklist
- Health issues: Burns, Malaria, Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B, Traveller’s diarrhoea, Rabies, Cholera, Typhoid, Yellow fever, Tick-bite fever, Bilharzia, Scorpions, Snakes, Sleeping sickness, Heat exhaustion or heat stroke, First aid kit.