If you want to travel Africa informed, Tracks4Africa’s Traveller’s Africa GPS Maps will keep you on track. The latest update, version 19.05, has new roads and tracks in many of Africa’s most popular destinations. Here’s what you can expect.
All our maps are based on first-hand traveller data and routinely updated, so you set off on your trip with confidence. For Traveller’s Africa GPS Maps Version 19.05, T4A’s experienced mapping team included new roads and tracks in several countries, added Points of Interest (POIs) and implemented data corrections.
A total of 345 data submissions were processed for the new version, improving overall road coverage by 2.3%. That includes new roads in Botswana, Mozambique, Malawi, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Heading to Mozambique soon? You can now set your route via the new tar road between Maputo and Ponta do Ouro. In Uganda, there are new roads around Kampala as well as tracks in Queen Elizabeth National Park. Ongoing research in Zambia has resulted in one of the most comprehensive travel maps available.
• 1,288,890km of roads
• 163,546 points of interest
• 2,366 parks and reserves – most complete and detailed protected areas in Africa
• 15,435 accommodation listings
• 4,087 camp sites – most complete camping database in Africa
• 10,845 fuel stops
Date clean-up has removed some camp sites and fuel stops that have closed down.
How it works
T4A’s Traveller’s Africa GPS Maps version 19.05 is preloaded on a micro SD card with standard adapter, so you can simply plug it in and start navigating straightaway. The SD card is compatible with most map-capable Garmin units, including the new Nuvi models. Please note that the SD card does not work with iGO in-car navigation systems, Android or iOS devices. Plus there are installation files for PC and Mac if you want to plan trips on your computer.
When you purchase T4A’s GPS Maps on SD card, you get a free upgrade of the next release (19.10), plus 50% discount if you buy a new SD card the following year. To qualify, register your SD card purchase on the T4A site. You will receive an email about your free upgrade when the latest version is released. Got questions? Read all about the upgrade policy.
What’s new on version 19.05?
National parks, game reserves and protected areas
• New track added in Queen Elizabeth National Park in Uganda
• Added POIs and leading tracks in Mpanga Forest Reserve
• Jembisa Game Farm and tracks added in South Africa
• Access roads added to Zingela Nature Reserve in South
• New tracks added for Mangetti National Park in Namibia
• New tracks added in Damaraland in Namibia
• Kampala’s Entebbe Road changed to double lanes
• Road surface updates in Uganda
• New roads and POIs in Lobatse and Gaborone
• Puros Canyon Campsite added in Namibia
• Towerkraaltjie Caravan Park near Ladismith added
• Roads north of Karatina town in Kenya added
• Mokoro Lodge added in Maun
• New POIs added for Baardskeerdersbos
• Kleinfontein Camp & Self-Catering added in the
• Street name updates for Durban neighbourhoods
• Roads added and street names updated in Vleesbaai,
• Road surface updates around Katima Mulilio
• Thaba Moia Safari Centre Hotel & Campsites added in
• New POI and street names updated in Port Alfred, Eastern
• Anchorage Mall added in Port Alfred, Eastern Cape
• Oromukaudi Community Campsite added in Kaokoland
• Nabugabo Sand Beach Resort & Campsite added
• Teeni Meer Self-Catering & Campsite added on the
Shores of Chrissiesmeer
• Bottlierskop Village added
Hiking, MTB and 4WD trails
• Ga-Ma 4WD trail added
• Schoongezicht farm hiking trail added