Our Traveller’s Africa GPS Maps v19.10 is out! The new version features new roads, tracks and points of interest to help you travel Africa informed.
The exceptional detail and accuracy of our maps means T4A is the go-to route finder for travellers in Africa. Our GPS maps are built with first-hand traveller data and updated twice yearly so to keep you in the know. Our most comprehensive offering yet, the Traveller’s Africa GPS Maps Version 19.10 includes new roads and tracks, street names, campsites, Points of Interest (POIs) and data corrections.
A total of 247 data submissions were processed for the new version, improving overall road coverage by 1.6%. Navigating East Africa has never been easier thanks to new roads in Uganda and Rwanda plus continued research in Zambia has doubled our coverage there since 2017. From the city streets of Kigali to Uganda’s roads less travelled, we’ll keep you on track.
Dreaming of self-drive travel in Morocco? Fill up at one of 2000 new fuel stops added to the map or plan your route with a host of new POIs.
1,309,641 km of roads
167,476 points of interest
2,374 parks and reserves – most complete and detailed protected areas in Africa
15,602 accommodation listings
4,124 camp sites, the most complete camping database in Africa
6,547 places to eat or drink
12,908 fuel stops
How it works
T4A’s Traveller’s Africa GPS Maps version 19.10 is preloaded on a micro SD card with standard adapter, so you can simply plug it in and be on your way. The SD card is compatible with most map-capable Garmin units, including the latest Drive models. Please note that the SD card does not work with iGO in-car navigation systems, Android or iOS devices. There are also installation files for PC and Mac if you want to plan trips on your computer or transfer maps to older units.
When you purchase T4A’s GPS Maps on SD card, you are entitled to a free upgrade of the next version (20.05), plus 50% discount on all future SD cards purchased. To qualify, register your SD card on the T4A site. You will receive an email about your free upgrade when the latest version is released. Read our upgrade policy for more information.
What’s new on version 19.10?
National Parks, Game Reserves and protected areas
- Murchison Falls National Park updates
- Road access updates in Tankwa Karoo National Park
- New roads added and route names updated in Rwanda
- New POIs and street names added in Kigali
- Map updates and new POIs in Hekpoort
- New POIs in Potchefstroom
- POIs updated in Mariental
- Desert Grace Lodge (Gondwana Collection) added in the Namib Desert
- POIs updated in Riebeeck Kasteel
- New campsite in Molenaarsrivier
- Farm Border crossing road updates in Kazungula, Zambia
- New and updated topographical landmarks in Zambia
- Zambia roads and tracks names updated and added
- New roads in Botswana added
- Road updates in Zimbabwe
- New cities and town in Mozambique added
- Lake Kariba updated on the Zambian side plus new roads and POIs added
- New POIs in Juba
- New POI for Springs Mall
- Bremen Tranquillity Guest Farm added near Grunau, Namibia
- Major road updates in Uganda
- Town updates in Uganda
- Routing around Ceres fixed
Hiking, MTB and 4WD Trails
Drakensberg Hiking Trails updated
Khuis Dune 4WD-Trail added in Northern Cape